Clayton Homes, a Berkshire Hathaway company and the nation’s leading housing provider, is a vertically integrated housing company that builds, sells, and insures affordable housing. Our commitment to creating a World Class Customer Experience is unparalleled in the housing industry; we take pride in ensuring that all Clayton homeowners receive a high level of customer service from the time they visit one of our Home Centers all the way through to the time they take ownership of their new home.
The purpose of the Wellness Coordinator is to support and promote an integrated approach to wellness and health management across the Clayton organization and population. This should result in enhanced wellbeing of team members and their families, as well as contribute to overall benefits, cost control, and sustainability. The coordinator will play a critical role in driving program visibility and acceptance throughout the organization. This coordinator will be heavily involved in communication, marketing, outreach, program/population analysis, program implementation and evaluation of results. The coordinator will support the overall strategic wellness initiative and will function as part of a team to successfully deliver effective programs.
Travel: Generally 40-50%; Travel could be intensified during support of specific events/programs.
- Contribute to conceptualization and design of relevant and creative population-based programming
- Oversee program customization for target audience.
- Serve as point-person for program needs for target population
- Collaborate with other members of the wellness team to design, implement, and evaluate programs.
- Support the business and strategic planning process.
- Facilitate group workshops, discussions, informational sessions, etc.
- Coordinate planning and delivery of the Program
- Prioritize and execute population-wide programs
- Working with Company and Wellness leadership, plan and execute localized programs
- Establish/maintain/grow the Wellness Champion Network across population (e.g. establish roles and ongoing communications processes in collaboration with team).
Marketing and Communication:
- Promote and nurture a positive Wellness tone and message.
- Determine marketing needs for individual locations/programs and customize materials, strategy, and format as applicable.
- Work hand-in-hand with strategic partners to ensure placement and promotion of relevant materials (visibility of newsletters or program details, talking points for managers, opportunities to present at sales meetings, plant meetings, or conference calls).
- Execute the Team Member story/testimonial program to promote achievements.
- Work with team and strategic communication plan to showcase wellness events, programs, registration periods, incentives, and other marketing materials at appropriate times throughout the year.
Engagement and Integration:
- Expand existing wellness initiative from a grass-roots perspective, developing relationships with key stakeholders from all levels of the organization, particularly team members and leadership in high-needs areas of the company.
- Integrate with current initiatives to reinforce foundation of wellness and cross-reference other initiatives.
- Drive initiative to engage more team members in divisions with less wellness involvement to-date.
- Utilize communication strategies to educate participants on health-related benefits-programs.
- Ensure education about Wellness Program details to New Hires to drive engagement.
- Ensure incentive programs are properly tracked and reported.
- Respond to Team Member and leadership concerns with timely and accurate information.
- Successfully troubleshoot and correct data inconsistencies.
- Set goals for teams/groups for personalized program planning.
- Collaborate with team on disseminating data and outcomes to respective business partners.
- Communicate results with leadership on all program components.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in health promotion, nutrition, exercise science, marketing, communications, or related field desirable
- Two or more years’ experience in delivery and coordination of corporate-based health promotion programs, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in the areas of data collection, data analysis, and outcomes reporting with respect to health risk and status preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience facilitating seminars, workshops, classes in-person and virtually
- Demonstrated skill in program development, implementation, and promotion
- Strong interpersonal communication, leadership, customer service and motivational skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint at a minimum
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work with high levels of positivity, enthusiasm, initiative, and creativity
- Delivers high quality results, strong attention to detail
- 401(K) includes 100% company match of the first 4%
- Medical and Dental Plan with Prescription Coverage and Vision
- Paid Time Off days and holidays
- Wellness Programs and On-site workout facility
- On-site restaurant
- Quarterly bonuses!!!