Retail Communications Specialist
The Communications Specialist supports both internal and external communications for the Retail company. This role implements the strategy for and executes communications related to company news, organizational communications, sales contests, recognition programs, community preparedness, corporate events, consumer facing promotions and website content. The Communications Specialist uses a variety of communications skills, competencies, and tools to support efforts to inform and educate team members and/or the public about the Company, drive sales, and keep Clayton employees informed and engaged. Work directed by VP of Marketing with intent to elevate all Retail company communications.
- Ownership of all Retail newsletters, including gathering & organizing content from team leads, supporting video production, writing supplemental content, obtaining supporting media assets, and building email newsletters and sharing them via email and internal websites.
- Partners with Home Center managers to develop email communications to support their promotional and awareness goals.
- Plans and executes communications plans for change management efforts.
- Regularly works with or presents to leaders across the company to align on messaging and newsworthy topics for public relations and marketing.
- Ensures all work follows editorial policies and standards.
- Develop customer-facing content strategies for websites and social media; coordinates with Digital Marketing Manager to ensure alignment.
- Nurture and aligns with overall Retail Marketing goals through various communications initiatives.
- Analyze and distribute audience interaction metrics by developing comparative reports.
- Interpret reports and provide insight to leadership related to communications efforts using established metrics.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Experience in public relations, journalism and/or communications preferred
- Exceptional written communication skills required; experience with communications and AP style writing preferred
- Strong verbal communications and relationship development skills preferred. Must be able to regularly connect and collaborate with key leaders across the company.
- Graphic design, video and photography skills considered
- Confident self-starter and be adept at both independent and collaborative teamwork styles
- Attention to detail, strong organizational ability
- Ability to present and communicate information to management as well as internal groups required
- Ability to communicate, interview and connect with people to generate stories
- Creative and idea-driven thought process; ability to work independently when needed
- Team oriented attitude, ability to partner with communications team to leverage PR tools and opportunities to increase positive company exposure.
- Competent knowledge of internal email distribution platforms and Microsoft SharePoint
- A Berkshire Hathaway Company - an integrity-based organization offering unlimited career growth.
- Full-time team members have the flexibility to create their own health, dental, and vision benefits package. Clayton provides competitive 401K programs, including investment options and company matching for full and part time employees after one year to help our team members achieve their financial goals. Additional benefits include paid parental leave, Employee Assistance Programs, and more.
- As part of Clayton’s commitment to Opening Doors to a Better Life, Clayton is now providing paid time for Team Members to volunteer to causes that are meaningful to them through the Clayton Impact program.
- Clayton is proud to have earned spots on the following Forbes lists: America’s Best Employers, America’s Best Employers by State, Best Employers for Diversity, Best Employers for Women.
- At Clayton, we encourage holistic wellness with physical, nutritional, social, financial, spiritual and occupational programs available online or in-person for team members.
- Clayton’s Home Office campus offers an onsite restaurant, onsite fitness facility with full gym, in-person and virtual workout classes, yoga / barre studio, volleyball and basketball courts, walking paths, and a disc golf course.
- Continuous training and professional development through e-learning and/or training seminars.
- TeamShare Quarterly Bonus Program.
Clayton is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Clayton is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
You will find much more information by visiting our website at: www.claytonhomes.com